Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Finance: Spending On the Weekend

Last weekend, I went on a business trip for work. I live in a rural area where the closest mall or legitimate shopping center is about an hour away. With gas prices the way they are, I only go to the nearest metropolitan area once every couple of months. Since I was in a metropolitan area, I did some much needed shopping. YES, I am still trying to save money, but it is semi-annual sale time at Bath and Body Works and Victoria's Secret. This is the ONLY time of year I shop for lotion, bath gel, and spray mist from these stores! I stock up and buy enough to tide me over until the next semi-annual sale which is in late December of this year and early January of next year. Yes, I know these sales like clockwork! I also needed a new suit for work for a conference I have to go to later this month. Actually, I need 3 new suits, but I am buying them one at a time as my money allows. I only buy suits at Ross Dress for Less and at TJ Maxx because they are much cheaper there than say, at The Limited or somewhere. Here is a list of my spending (not including gas and food because my job reimburses me for that)

Store Purchased Item Regular Price Sale Price
Bath and Body Works 1 Plumeria Shower Gel $10.50 $3.33
Bath and Body Works 1 Plumeria Body Splash $10.50 $3.3.3
Bath and Body Works 4 Plumeria Body Lotion $42.00 $13.32
Bath and Body Works 1 Sheer Fresia Shower Gel $10.50 $3.33
Bath and Body Works 2 Sheer Fresia Body Splash $21.00 $6.66
Bath and Body Works 3 Sheer Fresia Body Lotion $31.50 $9.99
Victoria Secret 5 Personal Items $25.00 $20.00
Victoria Secret 2 My Desire Body Mist $21.00 $8.00
Victoria Secret 3 My Desire Body Lotion $31.50 $8.00
TJ Maxx 1 Pant Suit $280.00 $49.99

Side Note: My husband went with me and Skater Boy, Diva, and Princess are on another vacation visiting my parents. So I will count alone time with Mr. HM as being: PRICELESS!!!!!I ended up saving a LOT of money off of things that I find essential to my life. Mr. HM doesn't understnad why I can't just use the regular lotion he uses, but he doesn't complain either when I smell like my plumeria or freesia lotion! Plus, those are the things I consider to be High Maintenance for me! I would go through and total up the savings amount for you, but I'm at work, and I need to get back to serving the needs of my clients! HA HA

My Life, My Love, My Finance

Love ya,

Ms. HM

Disclaimer: I do not receive any money or other benefits for mentioning any of the stores named in my post on today. They are merely stores in which I enjoy shopping. I am not affiliated with them in any other way.

0 comments: