Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Love: The Kids are Away........

My 3 kids are all gone to visit my parents for a week--yes the twins took a vacation. My week long vacation is up tomorrow and I must go pick them up. Well, that is with the exception of Skaterboy. He spends the whole summer with the grandparents. The twins aren't old enough to spend the whole summer yet. I was just in awe that my parents offered to keep 7 month old twins for a week. Anyway, I made all these wonderful plans for what I was going to do for a whole week kid free. Here were my plans:

1. Clean up the nursery-- pack up baby clothes that are now too little
2. Get rid of some of Skaterboy's toys that he no longer plays with.
3. Clean our bedroom.
4. Stay at work late and play catch up.
5. Go shopping.
6. Relax
7. Spend time with the Mr. HM
8. Sleep
9. Return calls to the few friends that I have who called me over a month ago and I never called back

The only thing I got to on my list was #8, SLEEP! Oh well, maybe next time I'll get more done. That's the life of a mom, wife, employee, friend, etc. Oh, and Mr. HM did get a little cuddle and talk time in.

0 comments: