Wednesday, June 11, 2008

CREDIT CARD DEBT----Is It Ruining Your Life?

I was watching Good Morning America (GMA) while getting ready for work, and a news story about Americans and debt caught my attention. Particularly a story about a 21 year old college senior who is over $22,000.00 in credit card debt left me appalled. However, credit card debt seems to be the norm in our society. I own 1 credit card that I have had for 9 years. The balance on it is about $350.00 right now. You may think that is a good thing----BUT it isn't! The card limit is $500.00, so right now, I'm close to my limit. I plan to pay the card off by September. I am going to ask for an increase in the spending limit once I pay the balance off since it is the only credit card I have and I only use it for emergencies or work related purposes that I get reimbursed for later. Anyway, check out the link below and tell me what you think. How do you think people get so far in credit card debt? Is it from emergencies, loss of job, or just like to shop? (I'm learning to post the actual video, for some reason I couldn't get it to upload today).

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Consumer/story?id=5045343&page=1

0 comments: