Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Allow Me to Introduce Myself

Hello! I am Ms. High Maintenance. I have been thinking about starting a blog for several months now, but I never got around to doing so. Now that I have a million thoughts in my mind about my life, my love, and my finance, I figure now is the best time to get all of those thoughts out and on paper---well, out in the blogoshere. My main purpose in starting my blog is to hold myself accountable. I mainly wish to hold myself financially accountable, but I also want to hold myself accountable in other areas too. You may ask, what does starting a blog have to do with accountablity. Well, it is simple! Once I publish my goals, my aspirations, etc. on this blog, I can actually "see" what I want to do, and I can plan and act accordingly. It is one thing to say in my mind, "I want to be a millionaire" but to actually write it down (or type it out) and figure out a way to get there, is priceless. So, in essence, this is my way of holding myself accountable.

MY LIFE
Within the last two years, I have had some pretty amazing things happen to me. I went from being a graduate student single parent of one child to a graduate with her first "real" job, a new marriage, and a set of newborn twin girls. I'll talk about my kids from time to time here. My son is referred to as Skateboard Boy (SB) and my twin girls are "the twins" or Diva and Princess. My husband is Mr. High Maintenance which is funny because he is pretty frugal and can go a week without spending a dime for anything. Yeah, I can't do that.

My first real job is proving to be very challenging. I had a bad day today with a client, so I'm chilling and not doing anything productive for the next hmmmm.......well, the rest of the day. You'll hear a lot about the new lessons I'm learning, the experience I'm gaining, and of course the occassional complaint about this job........but I really do like it, most days.

My best friend and I are talking about starting a small business together. We plan to get something off the ground by years end. The more I write about it here, and actually hold myself accountable, the more likely it is going to come to fruition.

MY LOVE
I love my family! I'm sure you'll hear a lot about my immediate family, our goals, etc., but you'll also hear about my brother ans sister. They are characters in and of themsleves. My sister is a college student, so the stories I get from her keep me laughing. When she gives me some good ones, I'll be sure to pass them on to you.

MY FINANCE
The main point of me having this blog is to set financial goals for myself and my family and to actually work towards achieving them. Since this is my first job and my husband owns two new businesses, I don't have a lot of money. Well how can I call myself Ms. High Maintenance you may ask? Easy, I have champagne taste on a beer budget! But I make it work for me! I don't buy name brand purses, etc. However, I'm not broke either.

I feel that I should be allocating my money better and learning to save more and spend less. I have a 401K plan that I don't quite understand. I want to invest in the stock market, but I don't know crap about it. Yes, I have a long way to go. I have a large student loan debt that I keep hearing is good debt, but let's be honest--What is good about owing someone money? Well, I guess I can say that no one can ever come and repo my degrees. I have not ever really had to pay a car note, but with the changes in my family life, I now need a new car to accomodate them.

I would like to buy a house within the next few years but all this talk about the "alleged" recession and the hard and soft real estate market has me confused. I say all of that to say that it is time that I stop making excuses and educate myself. If you knew my profession, you would be ashamed of me for not knowning more than what I do. To that end, keep reading! Grow with me as I grow in financial knowledge and freedom. If you're already "free", watch me become free and grow! Watch me live, learn, and love better!

My Life, My Love, My Finance!

Love ya,
Ms. High Maintenance

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting....can't wait to hear all the "goings" on!