Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Taking Baby Steps.........



Lately I have been frustrated by the fact that I am taking "baby steps" towards my financial goals and I've had a few set backs along the way. Right now, I'm most frustrated by my income level. Could I make more money? Heck yeah. Other people in my same situation in my profession generally make 2 times the amount I make. By my situation, I mean, recent graduates with the same degree(s), job experience, etc. I chose to take a job making less money in a nonprofit/government type position in order to help those who generally can't get assistance. Do I regret this decision some days? Yeah, I do. On the days that I want to go buy clothes or buy unnecessary things for Skater Boy and the twins. Then, some days when I can't put more than $10.00 in my savings account, I wonder why did I choose this. BUT, there are days that I feel as if I have touched somebody and helped somebody, and that small $10.00 savings is well worth it. Note to self: My value is not determined by my bank account but by my ability to make a difference in this life. I'll continue taking baby steps and knowing that I have to start somewhere. In 10 years, when I make more money and can afford to save and invest more, I'll appreciate it more.


My Life, My Love, My Finance


Love ya,
Ms. High Maintenance

0 comments: