Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My Finances: The Holiday Season Is Here

I love Christmas time. I like the cold weather and Christmas songs. I love being off of work (I am off of work this year from 12/24/08--1/05/09), spending time with my family, and going to church. As much as I love this time of year, there are some things that I definately do not like. For one, it puts a damper on my wallet. I love giving gifts to other people, but it takes some of the joy out of it when I don't really have the money to do it. I have some money set aside this year for gifts, but it totally gets me off my savings goals. Since I have not really thought of a list of people I have to get gifts for this year, I am going to take this blogging time to do so now. Yes, I know I only have like 16 more days to buy gifts, decorate my house, etc. but keep in mind, I have a set of 1 year old twins, a busy 10 year old, and a very stressful job. So, here is my list of people I must get gifts for:

1. My husband
2. My children (3)
3. Nieces and Nephew (3)
4. God children (2)
5. Sister in laws (2)
6. Siblings (2)
7. Parents (2)--generally get them a household gift together--this year, my siblings and I are buying one BIG gift and splitting the cost of it
8. In laws
9. My son's teachers (3)
10. Adopted family (3)

I am sure I have left someone off the list. After reviewing the list, I think I am going to do some homemade gifts for some people. I don't know. How are you cutting the cost of Christmas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And what about you? What are you going to do for yourself? Not that I subscribe to you being selfish, but please put yourself on that list, whether it's a gym membership or a night out at barnes and noble by yourself...SOMETHING.

Ms. High Maintenance said...

Awww....anonymous...how sweet of you to remind me to remember myself! It is semi-annual sale time at both Victoria's Secret and Bath and Body Works, so I will definately remember myself then!